The ULTIMETER TB Rain Gauge features a proven tipping bucket design. Inside each rain gauge is a balanced "see-saw" bucket mechanism. The bucket has a divider wall across the middle, separating it into two halves, each shaped like a miniature coal shovel, with high sides and an open end. The rain gauge's funnel top feeds rain water into one of the half-buckets. As soon as the correct amount of water has been collected, the "see-saw" tips the other way, automatically emptying the water and positioning the other half-bucket for collecting rainfall. Each time the bucket tips, .01" of rainfall is added to the accumulated total on the ULTIMETER weather station. 8-inch diameter collector funnel, for superior rainfall sampling. Cable lengths longer than 100 ft. available by special order. An optional mounting bracket is also available: TB Rain Gauge Mounting Kit.
WHY ARE THESE THE BEST TIPPING BUCKET GAUGES?
- Stainless steel tipping axle, for freer motion and greater longevity.
- Features larger-volume buckets than other tipping bucket gauges, to resist jamming (common in smaller-bucket designs) caused by dust, pollen, webs, etc. The larger the bucket volume, the more water weight "horsepower" for driving the tipping action.
- They have larger collector diameters (8 inches!) than comparable gauges. The larger the diameter, the better the sampling of rainfall.
- More accurate because of high vertical sidewalls to prevent splash-out of rain from the collector funnel.
- Each gauge is individually calibrated for optimum accuracy.
- They can be left outdoors in winter conditions without damage.
"Keep a weather eye on Peet Bros."